THE VOCABLE E-LEARNING PACKAGE AT ENPC
The DFL English section has set up the Vocable e-learning package for the students as a way for them to become more autonomous and responsible in their language learning practice. It is designed to be complementary to classwork – 90 minutes is short and depending on the course, oral skills will be prioritised. Vocable provides a space for students to do extra listening practice, pronunciation practice and grammar revision. Students can also train for the TOEIC with the TOEIC 30-minute practice tests. Students need to know that they have all this material to hand, and that it could be useful for them, even if hours spent on Vocable will not contribute to their final course mark.
What is it?
- At the school, students have free access to a fortnightly online magazine, Vocable, with articles (ranked by level from A2-C1) that they can read and listen to simultaneously. There are also interviews linked to the articles, which can be read and/or listened to.
- There is also Vocable Plus, which has 30-minute TOEIC style practice tests, as well as masses of grammar exercises, vocabulary-building exercises and exercises for pronunciation practice. There is even an amazing translation tool to have fun with; LexicOnline.
Where is it?
Vocable has been set up on the school’s self-access computers on the 4th floor of Prony, in the library and the language labs.
How do I access it?
- After signing on with your ENPC student log-in, you can access the magazine directly by clicking on Vocable in Programs, or by clicking on the Vocable icon. Or you can put Vocable in a search.
- For Vocable Plus you need to login = email@example.com password – vocable
- There can be up to five people working at the same time.
- Please contact Caroline Preller, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.